Thursday, April 30, 2009

Monogamous Gerbils’ would be a terrible name for a band.

Craigslist strikes again!

All it takes is one… - w4m - 26

“Nice girl with a big heart looking for a sweat guy. I like bathes and showers as well. Most people only like one if that!!! I like to keep my options open. Tired of being pushed around and mistreeted. Iwant someone who respects me for who I am and knows how to treat a cute girl. Being able to listen to lots of opinions I might have when I’m drunk is always a plus. So is knowing how to handle a gerbil. I have 7 and they are like my kids, I luv them, alot!!! N*E*WAYZ I will go now if you want to know more just ask, I’m an open book. i prefer at least 6 inchers. I can deal with less but it’s not near as fun. no small weiners! lol “


Why is this in quotes? Is it a transcription? Was she dictating this to someone?

It’s a good thing she likes baths and showers if she’s going to be looking for a sweat guy.

I’m still trying to figure out the “N*E*WAYZ I will go now” bit. I mean, I know what it means, but why would someone write that in a personal ad? It sounds like something a third grader would write in a letter to a penpal. “Dear Jimmy, How is your summer? My summer is fun. I went to camp and then went bowling. N*E*WAYZ I have to go now, it’s time for dinner. Johnny”

And I’m hoping I’m not the only one who (at first) thought that ‘6 inchers’ referred back to the gerbils.

No comments:

Post a Comment