Thursday, May 7, 2009

Don't Lay the Jive on Me, Man

While polishing my dance moves for the weekend ahead, I had to summon the dance prowess of the cast of Breakin' 2 Electric Boogaloo, not to be confused with the XXX version Breakin' 2 Electric Bungalow. For those of you not fortunate enough to have seen the film, here is a brief synopsis.


In lieu of drugs and a life of crime, the kids in the movie prefer to breakdance. Their dreams are shattered when the community center, Miracles will soon be demolished to make way for a mall. So, Ozone (a.k.a. Shabba-Doo) and Turbo (a.k.a. Boogaloo Shrimp) set out to save Miracles. Special K joins the cause as she forgoes an ivy league education at Princeton to pursue her love of breakdancing. To add fuel to the fire, Special K and Shabba-Doo, who I might add is from the wrong side of the tracks, spark a romantic relationship. You can tell Ozone is from the streets because he ain't dancing for the man...he don't dance for anyone but himself! He also lives in a graffiti covered shed - now that's hardcore. But there is a silver lining. In true "Breakdancers Save the World" fashion, the crew put on a show and raise money to keep Miracles open. I know break-dancers have deep pockets, but boy was I shocked when they raised a whopping $80,000! Sprinkled throughout this captivating plot was a wholelotta dancing.

Not only did I learn how to Body Glide and Windmill, I learned a thing or two about putting on a killer fund raiser! Something that has served me well in my current profession. So, I'm dusting off my bandana and donning my favorite kicks...I'll see you on the cardboard, losers!

3 comments:

  1. Scott Gregg would totally challenge you on the cardboard

    ReplyDelete
  2. His days of Whitesnake and General Hospital can't save him now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any reference to Breakin' 2 is considered by the Lords to be a blessing. It is the only movie that Jesus and Mohammad have watched together.

    ReplyDelete